திங்கள், 13 ஜூலை, 2009

I fully support T. Ilakkuvanar for his comments. I teach in English in an English speaking country. But I am still fully conversant in Tamil. As much as possible I recite from Thevaram, and Thiruvasagam. Sometimes, I study rather read Thirkkural, and Silappathikarm, and other Sangam literature writings. I also read about Rama, and Krishna. Now, almost all the old Tamil writings are available on line. I am sorry for the state of Tamil that its use in Tamil families is being reduced. However, I am confident that a original language like Tamil which withstood the test of time over thosands of years will be there for ever in use. In the past, I read a news item that Prof. Ilakkuvanar translated Tholkappiyam into English. I believe that T.Ilakkuvanar is his son, and offer my greetings to him.
By Notyetreadytoreveal
6/29/2009 9:01:00 PM
ஆங்கிலேய அடிமையில் இருந்து மீட்டு ஆரியத்தில் அடி பணிந்து இருக்கவும் இந்திக்கு அடிமையாக வால்பிடிக்கவும் அரசு ஆயிரங் கோடிக்கணக்கில் பணம் செலவழிக்கும் பொழுது மொழி அடிமையில் இருந்து எவ்வாறு மீள முடியும்? நாட்டு மொழிகள் அனைத்தையும் தேசிய மொழிகள் என்று சொல்லாமல் இந்தி மொழியை மட்டும் தேசிய மொழி என்று பரப்பினால் எவ்வாறு அயல்மொழி மோகம் நீங்கும்? பாரதி வழியில் 'வேறு வேறு மொழிகளைக் கற்று வீட்டு மொழிகளைக் கற்கா வீணர்களை விரட்டி அடிக்காதவரை' எங்ஙனம் ஆங்கிலம் வெளியேறும்?'நமக்குத் தேவை ஆங்கிலம் பணிப் பெண்ணாக! நமக்குத் தேவை தமிழ் வீட்டுத் தலைவியாக!' என்ற செந்தமிழ்ச் செம்மல் பேராசிரியர் சி.இலக்குவனார் அவர்கள் வழியில் ஆங்கிலத்தைக் கற்போம் - உறவுக்காக! அன்னைத் தமிழைப் போற்றுவோம் - உரிமைக்காக! அன்புடன் இலக்குவனார் திருவள்ளுவன்
By Ilakkuvanar Thiruvalluvan
6/29/2009 4:28:00 AM

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக